Inlaid wood floor of the library of the Canadian Houses of Parliament
Continuing the postings on the new CostMine 2014 Survey Results- Canadian Mine Salaries, Wages and Benefits, here are some mine salaries. First the range and then the average in thousands of Canadian dollars per hour.
- General Manager = from 125 to 257 for an average of 202
- Mine Manager = from 99 to 295 for an average of 169
- Mill Superintendent = from 86 to 162 for an average of 131
- Mine Engineer = from 80 to 153 for an average of 103
- Mine Geologist = from 66 to 123 for an average of 97
- Environmental Coordinator = from 70 to 123 for an average of 97
- Personnel Manager = from 92 to 156 for an average of 129
- Secretary = from 54 to 88 for an average of 65
I wonder which mine pays the Mine Manager more than the General Manager? Or which mine pays the secretary $88,000 per year?
Here are some average salaries, first for surface mines, and second for underground mines:
- General Manager = 199/212
- Mill Superintendent = 126/139
- Environmental Coordinator = 98/93
- Secretary = 65/65
No clear pattern of difference that I can discern.
Some pattern in the type of mine you work for. Some numbers, first for metal mines, second for diamond mines, and third for fossil fuel mines:
- Mine Manager = 165/152/198
- Mine Engineer = 96/98/115
- Mine Geologist = 87/105/113
- Environmental Coordinator = 95/82/103
Obviously better to work for a fossil fuel mine than a diamond mine.
Ottawa as seen on a cold winter day from the Houses of Parliament